At Valley, we are committed to aiding you in the fight against identity theft and fraud. By adopting strict and comprehensive policies on information security and privacy, we can help protect our customers from becoming victims of these crimes.
While Valley takes substantive measures to protect the security of your personal and account information it is just as important that you learn to recognize suspicious activity to protect yourself from fraud as well to reduce the risk of becoming a victim.
Remain alert to these signs which may indicate that you are a victim of fraud or identity theft:
- Unauthorized charges on your statements
- Failure to receive bills or other mail as a result of an unwarranted address change
- Unauthorized accounts opened upon review of your credit report
- Denials of credit for no apparent reason
- Calls or letters about purchases you did not make